Packing and Storage Tips For Our Modern Movers
At Sky Van Lines, we believe it’s always helpful to have tips for packing and moving your belongings. It doesn’t matter if you’re packing up your Christmas items for storage or moving them to another location. Everyone wants to prevent damage to their personal items. Once you follow the tips below you will be well on your way to perfect packing.
Tips for packing
- Wrap cloth furniture and mattresses in cotton sheets to protect them during moving and storage.
- Wash and dry your dishes, clothes, sheets, blankets, etc. before packing.
- Use newspaper and bubble wrap to fill spaces when packing odd-shaped items.
- Place heavy items into small boxes and light items into large boxes.
- Wrap your plates, dishes, and cups individually, then re-wrap the entire stack and seal it with tape and finally place them into small boxes.
- Store knots and bolts from furniture in plastic storage bags and attach them to the furniture with tape or rope.
Tips for moving
- Prepare a shortlist of what is stored in each box and tape it to the box.
- Do not place boxes on smooth areas like on the dresser, neither on glass/mirrors.
- Place your breakable items to the top of the stack.
- Do not stack heavy items on mattresses because indentations can remain.
- Stack same sized boxes so they don’t topple over while in transit.
- Write FRAGILE on the boxes that include breakable items.
- Dismantle beds, tables, and lamps to prevent damages and make them easier to transport.
Tips for Storing
- Pack strategically when storing your belongings.
- Do not store perishable items.
- Store fragile items carefully and ensure they do not shift.
Don’t want to manage their entire process of moving? Then Sky Van Lines can help. Contact us and we will take care of you.