Moving Checklist – Moving Reminders For
There’s so much to take care of when planning and executing your move that it can be easy to overlook important details. Sky Van Lines is pleased to offer this handy checklist for moving so that you can plan your move efficiently. Follow the steps outlined in each section of this checklist for moving and you’ll enjoy a successful move!.
Moving Checklist – Six To Eight Weeks Before Moving Day
Working with the mover :
- Call your Sky Van Lines agent. Set a date for the agent to visually survey your home and prepare a moving estimate.
- If your company is paying for your move, refer to their moving policy to determine the services the mover will be authorized to perform.
- Do you want to do any of the packing — or will you have it done by our experienced packers? Your agent at Sky Van Lines will be happy to discuss packing services with you. or just go to our on lines store to buy boxes and moving supply
- Show the agent everything that is going to be moved. Any items you fail to disclose or that are added later to the shipment will increase the cost, even if you have been given a binding estimate.
- Read the “Your Rights and Responsibilities Manual” to make certain that you fully understand the extent of the carrier’s liability.
- Sign the Estimate/Order for Service after you are sure you have a clear understanding of each section. If you have any questions, ask your Sky van lines agent to explain.
- Keep the phone number and name of a your salesperson or move coordinator handy.
Moving list – four to six weeks before moving day
Places to notify :
- Notify the post office that you are moving. An online Change of Address form is available on the United States Postal Service Web site.
- Prepare a list of friends, relatives, business firms and others who should be notified of your move.
- Have a “garage sale” or use an online auction service to dispose of unwanted items. Ask your agent for a copy of our “Let a Garage Sale Lighten the Load” booklet.
- Donate unwanted clothing or household goods to charitable organizations. Obtain receipts showing the items’ approximate value for possible tax deductions.
- Begin to use up supplies of canned goods, frozen foods and other household items. Buy only what will be used before moving.